What is the difference between homeowner’s coverage, standard coverage and extended coverage?


While policy types may differ by state, homeowner’s coverage is only available for residential transactions. Standard coverage provides coverage, among other things, for title defects that would be found in a search of the public records. Extended coverage provides standard coverage protections plus coverage for matters that would not be found in search of the public records. For example, defects discovered by inspection, problems uncovered by a survey and rights of certain parties that may be in possession of the subject property would be covered by an extended policy but not by a standard policy. Extended coverage is generally required by a lender for any transaction that involves lender financing. In Texas, there is only one type of policy available.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt